Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is My Place Lord?

For me the new year breeds ideas and questions.......

1. Am I doing the right thing?

2. Should I GET more education?

3. Do I need to DO something thing that has more significance?

4. Should I find a way to MAKE more money?

The yearly review of my life can bring a mountain of questioning and dissatisfaction.


...After hours of researching college programs and job possibilities I start to come to my senses.

What does God want me to to be doing right now?

What matters to Him?

So many of the things that I think will bring significance are the VERY things that will pull me away from a deep and meaning relationship with the FATHER.

By filling every minute of my life with supposed significant activity, I slowly close the door for Him to speak into my life.

By filling every minute of my life with supposed significance I close the door to meaningful time with my husband and kids.

It becomes like VAN GOGH's flurry of art activity!!!!! He became significant in the art world, but..... his life on earth was shattered and confused.

Lord open my heart to finding my significance in YOU. Help me to be the WHOLE person you want me to be.

Protect me from running after empty busyness.

Help me to seek YOU first!!!!!

No comments: