Wednesday, March 7, 2007

M wrote:
Crack me up, Liz! How did I not open this email until today??? I'm not usually THIS delinquent.
I LOVED your email - - and I had to laugh my head off. I was a Campus Crusade baby - decided to follow Christ one minute, and join staff and change the world the second - worked on staff for 12 years after graduation. I LOVED sharing the 4 laws with anyone I could. And you know what - the formulas ARE a load of crap, Liz. I SO resonate with your sermon!

M


Liz wrote:
Hey M,
Your words are so encouraging to people who may feel consumed with guilt and the feeling of failure for not living up to our human expectations of shining the light.

Thanks so much for your honesty. And how exciting that you're seeing God live through you. This may just be a beautiful time in your life where you make some of the best friendships you've ever had.

Love you,
Liz

M wrote:
Liz,
You know what's so weird about living up to human expectations - - i.e. the law??? If you can manage it, and live up to it, it sure can give you a "sense of peace and righteousness." And that's the lie of it - - the Jews expounded on the law (as if it needed expanding) - so they would know exactly whether or not they measured up. It's all about measuring up, you know? If you do - WHEW! If not, well if you didn't know you sucked already - this would confirm it. And we (humans generally) INSIST on hanging onto the law. It's the time-clock we punch to feel good about our day.
Ah, true freedom is so illusive, yet so easy.

Gosh, I'm glad I met you, Liz. I LOVE the way you think and live life. Thanks for including me in that.

So in process,
M



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, what can I say. being a "liz fan" is never dull. keep stabbing at the establishment, liz.

Anonymous said...

wow...i'm a liz fan AND a deb fan.